Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LOL

I've seen you on today, and asked if Defiant was on too, but you may not have seen it (or just ignored it - w/e).

Gearing up legit in this game is a PITFA. Nothing drops. Am lvl6 actual, and about 9 or so sword. Have been PK'd already - not much you can do about that though at this level. Just gotta grind and farm I guess.

Feel free to send any low level shit my way though. Fuck pride, I want to win. There are some serious bitches in the chat though - damn! So much crying going on for a game with only 80 people playing it.

In game "HeavyMetal".
    Not Australian.

Elder
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    *Editing to add bits n pieces

To add to "beginners guide" for anyone else wanting to start.

Move via asdw, direction arrows or r/clk and hold per D3. Note can move diagonal if holding down 2 direction keys simultaneously - aw or dw, as or ds. Hold down keys for constant move.
    V = shows mob names
    Tab or Shift+mouse-over to target and auto-attack
    B - open/close bag
    To loot drops off mobs, click and drag into bag or onto character
    r/clk weap/armor from bag to equip, or drag to slot
    Bats just outside any starter town entrance (for first kill quest)
    Draconians/Kobalds = North (second kill quest)
    Slimes/Snakes - Exit S gate from Oakenvale, follow road W then N, then W. When it turns south to graveyard, head N and look for cave in boot shaped mountain valley (second kill quest)
    Kobalds/Dracs good to farm for padded leather, then skellies and zombies a bit latter
    Bug Swarm has chance to drop golden weaps (can use while in starter zone/levels, and about double dps of iron weaps)
    At lvl 6+ corpse runs apply upon death. Stand on corpse to open gear window and hit space bar to loot all
    C = combat mode and gives sword icon along top of screen. Need this activated to fight mobs
    P = Protection mode and gives shield icon on top of screen. Stops you from accidentally smacking a player and initiating pvp, but doesn't stop anyone from PKing you. Mainly used in towns.

Dex and Int don't do much yet and = (mostly) wasted stats. Con gives a few more hp (10hp per +1 Con as at last patch on top of base 15hp per level) and increases hp regen (10 Con = 7 hp regen per tick). You'll be spamming healing pots regardless. Possibly add 5 points to Con then front load STR and stick with it. Dex will have little mitigation effect on pvp, but should be ranged base stat once bows/xbow in game.
    Use food (r/clk). Have to be out of combat and standing still to get benefit. Benefit ends when you move/fight. Don't sell spider legs. Take them to Inn and get them cooked into food that adds 5hp per tick to your regen (2 legs per 1 food). Later, can buy oranges for a couple gold each that adds 8hp per tick. Far cheaper than using pots to heal between fights, and far faster than waiting to regen naturally. Waiting often attracts more mobs - even from off screen.
    The white slide bar (that doesn't slide) under your stats is an alignment indicator. At this stage it is likely to slowly move to the left into green, but as game develops will move into red if you undertake "criminal" activity.
    Attacking players will put you on a CD for interaction with merchants.
    Current "go to" weap is staffs - but this may change at any time, and has previously.

NOTE: Until patched, looting any player will flag you as criminal. Looting a dead criminal shouldn't flag you a crim, but it does. Don't touch any player corpses until this gets fixed. Criminals tend to get killed by any and every high level player that sees them.
    Not Australian.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Wildstar Marathon ChampionMax Level on P99!
    Space Invaders Champion Silvershadow's Avatar
    Daggers got nerfed into the ground. The new go to weapon is Staff / Spear... Mainly Staff period. It's lucky Defiant and I went straight for staffs when they were shit. Now everyone is scrambling to get a staff and lvl the skill. It's a very grindy game and don't expect to leave noob island till 15. I'm 12 or 13 with 16 staff skill and by far the best place to xp while on noob island is the skelly / zombie camps. There are two on noob island with one being far less used but slightly changing because of drops being changed. Far West / East. From the first town just follow the road West and you will come to it. Pull a bunch of mobs and fight in the door ways to limit how many mobs can hit you. Once you're 10 minimum you can take the boat and go to the mainland but with the changes, I would wait till 15.

Note: Nice starter guide Random.

Edit: Str is the go to stat but with the nerf to HP and Dagger. You really should have about 10 minimum CON and about the same as DEX. The reason being is quite simple. For PVE changes were made that make it where mobs have a minimum amount of misses regardless of level. Armor is a big deal and worth the investment. With 10 DEX you will evade 1/5 attacks of a mob the same lvl as you, however the scaling gets worse so don't pump too many points into DEX. If your only interest is PVP just pump STR but understand any mage mob will likely 1 / 2 shot you and with the change to potions you will die. This last patch as in yesterday changed the pots from being on seperate CD's to all being on the same CD. Hence the reason having more CON is a bigger deal when you're trying to farm caster mobs.
    Last edited by Silvershadow; 03-25-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    You hate me but we both know it's because I'm better than you.

Elder
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,239
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of LawKing of PublishingPosting AwardMax Level on P99!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvershadow View Post
    The trading in this game is on the honor system.. it's funny as shit the people on this server hate me and I got a direct message from the admin asking if i was prepared for being the most hated person on the server. To which I answered with a question. Are you going to stop me or is this a hardcore pvp server? He said do w/e you wish but don't complain when you get ganged up on. So about 20 minutes after that I made a new toon and had some guy trade me lvl 10 gear to which I gave him nothing. So im in full chain sitting at 84 armor and no one knows who did it. Yet, somehow someone said "it was probably Silvershadow, he's the biggest asshole on this server and I have no idea how he isn't banned." Good news though! I have a set of lvl 1-5 gear that I no longer need if someone wants it.
    This is great. Hopefully I will have some more time to play this weekend. What do we need to start a guild?
    DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN
    Divinus / Avid Co-Founder: 8 June 2007
    Guild History Highlights: Vanguard | Age of Conan | EverQuest 2 | Aion | RIFT | Tera | FFXIV | WildStar | WoW

Elder
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
    This is great. Hopefully I will have some more time to play this weekend. What do we need to start a guild?
    Saw some chat about this going on. Apparently need 500k gold for starters. I don't believe anyone has started a guild in game yet, but there is one guy trying too. He had about 200k and was in chat trying to drum up interest yesterday.

Just need Silver to scam another 1000 sets of chain and we're sorted!
    Not Australian.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    The trading in this game is on the honor system..
    5 bucks says you will be the person that forces the dev's to make a decent trading system that doesn't allow people to be douchebags.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    5 bucks says you will be the person that forces the dev's to make a decent trading system that doesn't allow people to be douchebags.
    That would only be a small roadblock. In UO we just had a character named as a GM when we went to trade property they thought it was legit and we scammed them for their house or better. I can't see it being any different in this game. Keep in mind we're playing a HC pvp game with no rules. The definition of that in it's self is anarchy and the 99% are going to stick together like sheep while the 1% wolves pick them off one at a time. I understand most of you are the 99%, but no need for name calling Auedar that is just beneath you isn't it?
    Last edited by Silvershadow; 03-26-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    That would only be a small roadblock. In UO we just had a character named as a GM when we went to trade property they thought it was legit and we scammed them for their house or better. I can't see it being any different in this game. Keep in mind we're playing a HC pvp game with no rules. The definition of that in it's self is anarchy and the 99% are going to stick together like sheep while the 1% wolves pick them off one at a time. I understand most of you are the 99%, but no need for name calling Auedar that is just beneath you isn't it?
    Silver....it wasn't a personal attack against you, it was calling out the action that you did a douchebag move. If it happened to anyone, they would call it a douchebag move. This isn't complicated:P You said so yourself that they implemented an ignore feature because of you.:P I'm wondering how fast they will change things around in an 80ish person game to accommodate you and the intelligent ways that you are able to see the rules in a system and use them to your advantage.

With that being said, it's fun to have this shit on the forums to give me a reason to check them once or twice a week now. I feel like you should have an active kill/death count going if you claim to be a wolf O.o.

Achievements:
    Awards:

Achievements:
    O.o then I guess you ain't a lion.