Elder
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of LawKing of PublishingPosting AwardMax Level on P99!

P99 Green - Launching October 25 (Avid chapter?)

So here's the deal. I'm working too many hours to poop sock this adventure (Sorry Silver). But it would be nice to have some of you casual scum over on p99 green, if for no other reason but to catch up before Pantheon (laugh). With that said, if we can get enough online, we will form a guild and go from there.

Here is the proposed timeline and a link to some additional information.

Timeline
    • October 25, 2019: Launch day
    • January 2020: Plane of Fear
    • April 2020: Plane of Hate
    • May 2020: Temple of Solusek Ro opens / Legacy items cease to drop
    • August 2020: Plane of Sky
    • November 2020: Ruins of Kunark
    • April 2021: Epics
    • July 2021: Scars of Velious
    • The above list is not exhaustive; each month will have unlocks of patches from March 1999 to December 2001.

Note: to any of you who didn't play the real deal back in the day, this is your chance.

DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN
    Divinus / Avid Co-Founder: 8 June 2007
    Guild History Highlights: Vanguard | Age of Conan | EverQuest 2 | Aion | RIFT | Tera | FFXIV | WildStar | WoW

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    I would, but I've been playing EQ1 progression servers for the past several years. Couldn't imagine doing another year of classic, even at original pace.

Elder
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    What expansion are you currently on, Swag?
    DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN
    Guild History Highlights: Vanguard | Age of Conan | EverQuest 2 | Aion | RIFT | Tera | FFXIV | WildStar | WoW

Achievements:
    Currently in Velious on Mangler (Luclin releases in mid November). I'll be playing here through PoP at least—maybe through OoW. I was going to just kill time here until Legends of Aria released, but that game has bombed bad. The player-run Legends of Ultima shard is decent, but the base game is such a mess that they may not survive another year.

In the past few years I've done Classic/Kunark/Velious on Lockjaw (6-month unlocks), Classic/Kunark/Luclin/PoP on Agnarr (3-month unlocks, progression locked at LDoN) and now Classic/Kunark/Velious on Mangler. Doing Classic/Kunark/Velious again, at a much slower pace and without instancing or the other modern conveniences of Daybreak's EQ...I just don't have the will to do it anymore.
    Last edited by squidgod2000; 10-23-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    This would be fun but no way I'll have time with classic out. Good luck on Norrath!

Elder
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Napp View Post
    This would be fun but no way I'll have time with classic out. Good luck on Norrath!
    Updated video in the first post. Watch that and tell me it doesn't ignite more nostalgia than wow classic!
    DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Max Level on P99!
    Started Jignutz the gnome necro to team with a buddy playing a gnome mage. We're planning on poopsocking a manastone or 3 just to say we did, then guises for alts. Not many plans beyond that.
    ===========================

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassYour first GroupCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Awards:
    Final Fantasy Marathon ChampionMax Level on P99!
    Reply with quote not working?

@swag, Were you playing early access/beta for Legends of Aria? I recently got a pop-up in Steam saying it was releasing in December. What didn't you like about it?
    Killing is my business.... and business is good.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibix View Post
    Reply with quote not working?

@swag, Were you playing early access/beta for Legends of Aria? I recently got a pop-up in Steam saying it was releasing in December. What didn't you like about it?
    General lack of systems and PvE, but they staffed up over the summer and have been adding to the world at a steady rate. Biggest issue is that they don't stick to their design decisions. They make radical changes to the game based on the trend of conversations in discord. In the course of six months, the map went from half-guarded, half open-pvp to all guarded to all open-pvp, successfully pissing off every segment of the playerbase. They made a chain of bad decisions relating to their release schedule and failed to realize that persistence (no more wipes) was their 'launch' in the eyes of the playerbase—they had been thinking Steam would be their big release, when in fact it was pretty tame in terms of numbers since they had already attracted the potential players though the years of development. A month after steam, they announced what was effectively F2P (no housing, smaller bank), which pissed off everyone who had paid.

It's just kind of a mess, but it might shake out to a decent UO2 over the next year.

Elder
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    An update:

I have a level 40 chanter, and my bro (Vega) has a level 40 shaman. I've started working on an Ogre SK (currently level 19) because I want to snag him a Dark Elf mask before they get removed in May.

The server pop seems to be just right. They had to make a second server (Teal), due too overcrowding on Green. We switched to Teal to have less competition for legacy items, and I think it was the right choice.

In any event, your classic EQ experience awaits.

DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN