Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Calibix View Post
    Another thing that I particularly like about Tera is the high skill ceiling. You cannot get gear carried in this game (to a certain extent).
    LOL

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassYour first GroupCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Awards:
    Final Fantasy Marathon ChampionMax Level on P99!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    LOL
    Its true. You cannot get gear carried in the harder end-game instances. You are making your assumptions off the one night you came back and got rolled by a fully geared pre-made in BG's in your lackluster gear. It would have taken you a week to get competitive gear, and that would have stopped happening. Archers are stupid good in PVP.
    Last edited by Calibix; 12-01-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    Killing is my business.... and business is good.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibix View Post
    Its true. You cannot get gear carried in the harder end-game instances. You are making your assumptions off the one night you came back and got rolled by a fully geared pre-made in BG's in your lackluster gear. It would have taken you a week to get competitive gear, and that would have stopped happening. Archers are stupid good in PVP.
    Yeah, you don't get gear carried in pve. I'll agree to that. And you're right, if I would have just opened my asshole to everyone for a few weeks straight (i don't play as much as you guys do) I would have eventually gotten the gear to compete. But I don't find gear based games fun, nor competitive. I think im a casual noob now though so what do I know, but when a lancer can 2 shot you, you know somethings broken. And I don't think it was the class... Tera just isn't for me anymore. I don't have the stomach for the endless grind, especially the endless grind that requires me to bend over and get rammed up the ass for a few weeks straight. I aint hating on Tera, but don't say you can't get gear carried in that game. Maybe not in PVE but thats all pvp is.

Elder
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    You don't get gear carried in any aspect PvE or PvP. You just decided to queue for BGs against 5man premades with gear you picked up 3 months ago. You might aswell gone in naked. The people 2 shotting you are probably fully geared already.

I guarantee you would have had a good fight against equally geared characters. But not many returning players after 3 months to match you up with. LOL.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience Points
    Is nexus still as amazing as it was when I was playing? that was enough to dissuade me from spending the rest of my gold on a time card ^^

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassYour first GroupCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Is nexus still as amazing as it was when I was playing? that was enough to dissuade me from spending the rest of my gold on a time card ^^
    Nexus is 3 times daily now. It doesn't lag like it used to either, both because of a fix and because less people attend any particular nexus. Still boring, still a lot of stuff that requires agnitor credit, but 3 times a day of money-maker. NT isu sually done in 4 man groups if your not terrible, and drops Nexus Armor, and occasionally the PVP armor as well, and a ton of fodder. Just clearing ZF, plus repeatable is about 600-800 credits per nexus.
    Last edited by Calibix; 12-02-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Yeah, you don't get gear carried in pve. I'll agree to that. And you're right, if I would have just opened my asshole to everyone for a few weeks straight (i don't play as much as you guys do) I would have eventually gotten the gear to compete. But I don't find gear based games fun, nor competitive. I think im a casual noob now though so what do I know, but when a lancer can 2 shot you, you know somethings broken. And I don't think it was the class... Tera just isn't for me anymore. I don't have the stomach for the endless grind, especially the endless grind that requires me to bend over and get rammed up the ass for a few weeks straight. I aint hating on Tera, but don't say you can't get gear carried in that game. Maybe not in PVE but thats all pvp is.
    I still think your over exaggerating. Yes, gear is important. No it does not carry you. The way atk/defense scale, you were at such a disadvantage from the get go. Its why people can wear no armor and get a double reflect chest piece and potentially one shot people. Its why a healer can do millions of damage with an auto attack to a lowbie. I can assure you that there are people in full t14 Conjunct (best pvp gear basically) that people can beat in a few pieces of t13 Fraywind.

Lets assume the absolute worst case scenario. You want to BG to get gear and nothing else. Every BG, you end up against double, maybe even triple good pre-mades (yes this does happen, its a big complaint. The matchmaking system works in whatever damn way it feels like lol). You get destroyed for 10m a match, you get the bare minimum of credits of 30. You need 1500 credits for Fraywind Boot/Gloves (I'd recommend boots first). With queue times (fast, very fast) we are talking ~9 hours of play time to your first piece of good pvp gear. +9'ing a piece of T13 gear is absurdly cheap. The most expensive part will be +7-9, and that's on the alkahest. You could literally use gold fodder on every attempt, it sells on the broker for less than it vendors for (people are that dumb). You'd also get 16 loser boxes in that time, which RNG could mean a lot of money, or a little, but I'd be willing to bet it would be close to enough to fund enchanting your first piece. That is all worst case scenario. You will end up on a team where you get carried. That happens too. Just running around being close enough for assists, or capping pyres will get you max contribution, as long as your not dying a fuck ton. That's 130 credits a match.

You said it yourself on vent the same night you tried those 2-3 BG's. You just weren't giving it a fair shot. And I feel where your at, I came back, was level 59, had to remember everything about the game I could, and gear from scratch with little to no help outside of advice. For less than 2k gold I was in full +6 t13 gear with fresh jewelry and decent stats. I was very squishy too for awhile, then I got 1 piece of pvp gear and enchanted it. The difference was extremely noticeable, and I think Vashin would back me up on that. I still only have 2 pieces of the T13, and the pvp defense zyrks, and it makes all the difference in the world.

Hey man, play whatever is fun for you. If your "casual" now that's perfectly fine, no one is knocking you for that, and maybe Tera isn't the game for you either. That's perfectly fine too. But I do still play Tera and know that it isn't the way your making it to sound, so I will defend it. This isn't even about me trying to convince you or anyone else either. This is about poor, poor Vash, who was so excited that you were gonna come play. And you crushed his fragile little dreams, and I feel like I need to defend those dreams! Its like having an asthmatic nerdy little brother you know?!

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    ... I ... I'm not even sure what to say right now. Where's the damn hungry smiley?
    PSN = Vashin

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Banaag View Post
    You don't get gear carried in any aspect PvE or PvP. You just decided to queue for BGs against 5man premades with gear you picked up 3 months ago. You might aswell gone in naked. The people 2 shotting you are probably fully geared already.

I guarantee you would have had a good fight against equally geared characters. But not many returning players after 3 months to match you up with. LOL.
    ok banaag. Read what you wrote. Read it again. And then again. And then tell yourself that you don't get gear carried in PVP after re-reading your post. Look, Tera is an amazing game. And you guys have every right to defend it. But please do me a favor and be honest with yourselves. Gear means EVERYTHING in Tera. If you're willing to put in the countless hours to obtain it, then you'll enjoy the game. If you come back to the game expecting to hop into a BG thats been so overly exaggerated to you and enjoy yourself...you have another thing coming. If It was explained to me that I would still have to manage running nexus now 3 times a day and run the new ToT over and over and over and over to get some new glyphs and then still get my ass handed to me in pvp for a few weeks before I got the gear to compete with others that didn't take a break. I wouldn't have re-subbed. This is nothing against Vash either. Sorry I couldn't last longer, but I'm past the age of gear grinds. I suck at dota 2 and LoL. But atleast I know when I come back from a break I can hop right back in without having to grind out something just to be competitive. I guess thats the direction I'm in now. Again, Tera is an amazing game. But don't paint a different picture.
    Last edited by Valkyrie; 12-02-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    ok banaag. Read what you wrote. Read it again. And then again. And then tell yourself that you don't get gear carried in PVP after re-reading your post.
    I hear what you are saying Valk, but I still agree with Banaag. Gear IS important, but it is not the defining factor, skill is. What Banaag and myself are saying is you need to be in the right vicinity of gear. You were in t12 gear, going against people essentially 3-4 tiers of gear higher than you, in pvp gear at +12. Like I mentioned before, just being in the Fraywind armor is enough to be competitive. I've been in pre-mades against teams that everyone thought we were gonna lose at the start, and we won. The other team had better gear, but better players still obtained the win. You can just tell which players are good not by their gear, but how they play. Lancers that never miss chains, Archers/Zerkers never missing charged attacks, Slayers/Warriors dodging everything, etc.

Like I said, I just think you didn't give it a fair chance. But if its not for you then its not for you. No sense playing anything that you don't find fun. I still stand by the bolded, italic, underlined statement.