Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibix View Post
    The things you disliked were? You played a mystic, you were not raping face. Just trying to get an idea where you are coming from here.
    Keep in mind that my opinion of the game is from when I was playing it, and perhaps some of the things I disliked have been changed.

I disliked the fact that the only thing to really do while I was playing was end game dungeons. I disliked the fact that crafting was a money sink versus a time or skill sink. I disliked the fact of the horrible rate of new content in the game, where the only thing that they really did within the first year of the game being over in Korea was balancing combat. I dislike the fact that all PvP gear progression was done through PvE. I disliked the fact that PvP servers didn't give incentives to PvP in open world. In all honesty I did enjoy the game when it came out playing with everyone. Keep in mind that I joined the game for the sole purpose of open world PvP with the combat system, and the fact that they did not implement anything to give an incentive to do so, and GvG wars were not wars but whomever could get the first few kills and then hide.

Tera is still a good game. The combat is very fun, and I really enjoyed it. I just wanted to PvP with that combat, and not a dungeon grind. Again, this is my personal preference.

I played a mystic because I was looking forward to the crowd control abilities for open world pvp in small groups. From what I remember I had the ability to keep a key player (an opposing healer) out of the fight in order to turn the tide. Timing the CC so a zerker could unleash a full charge was fun for me. It's also the same reason I really enjoyed playing a healer in WAR. Having 10-20 people to keep healed in order to win was fun for me. I guess I wanted to rape face by association:P

Tera is great if you like the PvE dungeon grind. It's just not what I wanted to do.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassYour first GroupCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Awards:
    Final Fantasy Marathon ChampionMax Level on P99!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auedar View Post
    Keep in mind that my opinion of the game is from when I was playing it, and perhaps some of the things I disliked have been changed.

I disliked the fact that the only thing to really do while I was playing was end game dungeons. I disliked the fact that crafting was a money sink versus a time or skill sink. I disliked the fact of the horrible rate of new content in the game, where the only thing that they really did within the first year of the game being over in Korea was balancing combat. I dislike the fact that all PvP gear progression was done through PvE. I disliked the fact that PvP servers didn't give incentives to PvP in open world. In all honesty I did enjoy the game when it came out playing with everyone. Keep in mind that I joined the game for the sole purpose of open world PvP with the combat system, and the fact that they did not implement anything to give an incentive to do so, and GvG wars were not wars but whomever could get the first few kills and then hide.

Tera is still a good game. The combat is very fun, and I really enjoyed it. I just wanted to PvP with that combat, and not a dungeon grind. Again, this is my personal preference.

I played a mystic because I was looking forward to the crowd control abilities for open world pvp in small groups. From what I remember I had the ability to keep a key player (an opposing healer) out of the fight in order to turn the tide. Timing the CC so a zerker could unleash a full charge was fun for me. It's also the same reason I really enjoyed playing a healer in WAR. Having 10-20 people to keep healed in order to win was fun for me. I guess I wanted to rape face by association:P

Tera is great if you like the PvE dungeon grind. It's just not what I wanted to do.
    Well fair enough.

Some comments on the bolded points. 1)The game hasn't even been out a year, it'll be a year in May so I'm not sure where you got that number /shrug. 2)PvP gear is mainly acquired by BG's now, still gotta do nexus though if you want to get conjunct. Fraywind is pretty decent and can be acquired solely through pvp. 3)I never understood the "incentive" to open world pvp arguement. Like the pvp is the incentive, what more do you need? But there is not much reason to be in the open world anymore, especially with BG's so this will still be a sore issue for you. 4) Crafting is significantly easier to lvl now, you get 6 points per combine. It can still be expensive, but they are reducing the number of items needed to craft in a future patch. Most crafting is still useless outside of alchemy and whatever you need to make your endgame gear combines.

Hey to each there own. I'm not begging anyone to come back to Tera, especially if they don't enjoy it, but I will clarify some misconceptions people may or may not have. I personally am still having fun with Tera so I will continue to play.
    Killing is my business.... and business is good.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Auedar was referring to Tera being released in Korea 1 year prior to it's US release.
    PSN = Vashin

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    I forgot to add that Tera doesn't have boobs. After playing AoC that is obviously a must-have...

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    haha tera gave out another free week, so now my account is good through the 24th.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    and after the 24th it will go free to play for ever!
    i think ill play some. so whos coming back.
    "It's not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great!"

Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Banaag - Calibix - Shocko - Sno - me sometimes.
    PSN = Vashin

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    If you clap your heels together and say my name 3 times i may come on back too, interested to see if they have really improved the game.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Banaag - Calibix - Shocko - Sno - me sometimes.
    me sometimes too!

Achievements:
    http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...ble-February-5

~~~~~~~~~~
    Get ready for the new world! TERA: Rising, the next evolution of the award-winning action MMORPG, will be available for free throughout North America on February 5.

Thousands of players, old and new, are clamoring to be among the first to experience the all-new content, including a competitive dungeon, a player-versus-player arena, and two new high-level factions.

After a maintenance period scheduled from 12:01 a.m. PST February 4 to 7 a.m. February 5, you can log in and experience TERA in all its epic scope: all the dungeons, all the BAMs, and all the action you’ve come to expect from this groundbreaking MMO.

On February 5, players can choose from five servers:

• Mount Tyrannas (PvP)
    • Lake of Tears (PvP)— new!
    • Tempest Reach (PvE)
    • Ascension Valley (PvE)— new!
    • Celestial Hills (PvE roleplay)

Lake of Tears and Ascension Valley will be on their own matching system for dungeons and battlegrounds. Character transfers (free for a limited time) will be available among Mount Tyrannas, Tempest Reach, and Celestial Hills. Characters can transfer once every 30 days.

To handle the influx of new TERA gamers, we’re establishing some chat channel restrictions. Area chat is available for characters level 5 and up, trade and LFG chats are level 12 and up, and global chat is level 20 and up. We’re limiting chat rates as well to handle all the traffic.

Finally, TERA’s community suggested that we give TERA’s founders—those who’ve already played the game—priority queueing if there’s a wait to get into the game. We agree! If you’re a founder, head toward the front of the line (just step over the velvet rope!).

See our launch date announcement trailer.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PSN = Vashin