Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: vanguard

They are pretty much 1:1 with a few exceptions:

All tanks can tank pretty well.

offensive fighters are similar as well.

Disciple is a healer with monk like abilities. They heal thru Jin, basically by performing attacks they heal.
    Blood Mage is a DPS caster healer that heals by nuking.

DPS casters, Psionicist is like an enchanter but not quite as versatile, CC only works OK in general (at least it used to)

Thats about it.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    bummer the enchanter one was the one i was leaning towards. idk i guess i'd still like to know things like;

psi is essentially enchanter but more reliable charming (with some restrictions) and a mez that works exactly like EQ mez. does have haste and slows, but doesn't have clarity, but that's not a big deal cause mana regens way faster in vanguard than in EQ. the big thing is you can actually use ur nukes in vanguard because they aren't crazy agro generators like they are in eq1.

i mean i made that entirely up, but something with a little depth would be nice.

are res mechanics the same as EQ? u have x amount of time to get a res to restore your xp and it teleports you to your corpse. items all stay on ur body, etc? i mean i don't know what to assume since who knows what's the same and what's different.

Elder
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    i havent played a bit, but as I recall:

Rez, no corpse runs. Each healer gets a rez, disc can flop. Each healer can also give a rez item to non-healers which allows them to (consumable) clicky rez the healer class they have an item for.

I played a cleric, so that is my most indepth knowledge.

I dont think there is mana regen buff but i might be wrong. I played a psi a bit and it was fun. Was going to be my main. They can definitely nuke and dot.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    is there a reason for or against starting on the isle of dawn?

are there any class/race xp penalty/bonus?

I got a few chars as I played recently, gonna have to download it. Believe I got a bard and cleric that I was messing around with. I think I got a Rogue too.

Elder
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,436
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of LawKing of PublishingPosting AwardMax Level on P99!
    Avoid the newb island or you will miss the experience of the class based starting areas. Make sure you guys do all the intense low level dungeon quest lines. There are a lot of them. Don't think you will be blue to do them all unless they added a feature to let u lock exp
    DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN
    Divinus / Avid Co-Founder: 8 June 2007
    Guild History Highlights: Vanguard | Age of Conan | EverQuest 2 | Aion | RIFT | Tera | FFXIV | WildStar | WoW

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
    Avoid the newb island or you will miss the experience of the class based starting areas. Make sure you guys do all the intense low level dungeon quest lines. There are a lot of them. Don't think you will be blue to do them all unless they added a feature to let u lock exp
    Island of Dawn is where its at. You get a bunch of nice gear that you wouldn't have without doing it as well as a quick way to get to level 11 or so. They also added a way to lock exp now :P

I think its the only way to get that super nice necklace too, could be wrong though.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Debating downloading this. Still having fun?

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Napp, in all honesty I was going to do a huge write up, but in the end, I realized that every single class has their own mechanic and every class is done very well. And by very well, I mean everyone said they did the classes right. I could go through every class, but each class has a unique mechanic in it's own right to make it interesting.

The general description given from the class should give you enough to go on. Multiple people here have played multiple classes, and all of them are fun in their own right.