Core Raider
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Final Fantasy Marathon ChampionWildstar Marathon Champion

Sample Application

Remember, this is our first impression of you. Spend some time writing your responses and impress us!

Raid Application to Avid
    Character Name
    Opi
    Timezone:
    EST
    Class?
    Esper
    Is there anything that may regularly interfere with the following raid schedule?
    Those are perfect raiding times for me. I have been on a EST raiding schedule for the past 7 years now.
    Are you comfortable with the idea that we may extend hours/days for initial progression pushes?
    Yes
    What are you looking for in Avid?
    I am looking for like-minded individuals that share my competitive drive. Being the first to see a boss, experience its mechanics, and develop a strategy that results in a kill is fun. On top of it all, to be a part of an organized entity of 40 people that comes together with this same goal is unbelievably satisfying. Its a completely different experience from watching videos and reading guides on how to kill bosses. I don't want to be part of a guild that does that, which is why I am looking to establish myself at the bleeding-edge point of progression where these resources will not be available.
    List any notable past guilds and accomplishments.
    Nightmare's Asylum (WoW), Team Ice (WoW), Maximation (Rift). More below on accomplishments.
    Elaborate on your raid experience. Yes, we want to hear as much as you want to share.
    Vanilla WoW
    I was never on the forefront of progression in Vanilla as it was my first MMO and I quite frankly had no idea wtf I was doing. I was playing catchup and never got to experience the full glory of Naxx40.

Instances:
    ZG
    AQ20
    MC
    BWL
    AQ40 (up to Twins)

TBC
    I was still playing catch up for the majority of TBC up until I ended up joining Nightmares Asylum, where I did progression Sunwell.

Instances:
    Kara
    Gruul
    Mag
    SSC
    TK
    BT
    Hyjal
    Sunwell

Wrath
    This is probably the highlight of raiding for me in terms of WoW, I joined Team Ice where I loved and struggled through Ulduar progression. We finished US14th in that tier. I was also an officer here towards the tail end of Ulduar through the end of ToC.

Instances:
    Naxx20
    Malygos
    Sarth
    Ulduar
    ToC

Rift
    My last raiding adventure in a game. Here, I was a co-founder and raid leader of Maximation. We were the undisputed #1 guardian guild through the end of HK. We had in the vicinity of 10 World Firsts, with the rest of our kills being in the top 3.

Instances:
    Greenscale
    River of Souls
    Hammerknell
    What's your favorite boss fight. Why?
    There have been a number of fights that I really enjoyed, going back as far as Vael in BWL, and as recently as Sicaron in HK. An enjoyable fight for me has always been a mix of difficulty, mechanics, and originality. Interesting mechanics, tight enrage timers, and demanding healing always pushed guilds to their absolute best. 25m Firefighter (Mimiron Hardmode: Ulduar - WoW) is the fight that encompassed all of these aspects with style. Phase 1 control, phase 2 healing, phase 3 add management, and complete clusterfuck phase 4 under a tight enrage timer combined for an amazing fight. Oh and there are about 5 different ways that can kill you if you are slightly late with your reaction time. It was also an ideal fight in my eyes in terms of fight length with a 10min enrage. Here's my first kill with Team Ice, I am the hunter Opaque with the circle on my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxoIx14_KW4
    What game are you applying for?
    Wildstar
    Do you own a mic and are you comfortable using mumble?
    Yes, I've used mumble in the past and its my preferred method of voice communication.
    If you were fighting a dragon with a group of people, where would you be most likely to stand?
    Hind left/right leg.
    If you were stranded on an Island and could only have either a toothpick, tweezers, spork, or can of tuna, what would you choose and why?
    Spork. At this point, I can only hope to have the knowledge that Jules Verne put into his main characters in his classic: The Mysterious Island. Truly amazing book.
    Your speedtest results:Anything else we should know?
    I am Russian, been in the US since I was 10. I lift and have gotten pretty good at it.
    Last edited by Opi; 11-18-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Am I allowed to express an opinion on this fine gentleman's application?

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouchy Smurf View Post
    Am I allowed to express an opinion on this fine gentleman's application?
    I say we decline him. Who's with me?

Elder
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of LawKing of PublishingPosting AwardMax Level on P99!
    Chopper Challenge Champion, Curveball Champion, Jason's Pong Champion Defiant's Avatar
    bump
    DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN
    Divinus / Avid Co-Founder: 8 June 2007
    Guild History Highlights: Vanguard | Age of Conan | EverQuest 2 | Aion | RIFT | Tera | FFXIV | WildStar | WoW

Core Raider
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Final Fantasy Marathon ChampionWildstar Marathon Champion
    This is the bare minimum of effort we expect from you to not get auto denied.