Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrawl View Post
    man how do we even have homeless people if they get $45,000 a year of free shit by not working.
    You missed the part that said Housing.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Max Level on P99!
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
    May God have mercy on your soul
    He won't. St. Reagan told me so when I prayed to him yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykan View Post
    ITT: Poly sets a speed record for insulting someone.
    if you're talking about me eh, I'm not really insulted. For all I know this is a troll topic and it's just what poly does...
    "Scrawl Join Date 02-13-2013"
    today's date: 7/28/13

Pffft, must have been a pretty weak record you guys had if I broke it. My personal record: I once asked a woman if she was pregnant about 10 seconds after meeting her. She wasn't pregnant. I'll never make that mistake again. My advice: never ask a woman if she is pregnant unless you can see the top of the baby's head popping out.

I've been trolling people since before there was an internet. If you are truly gifted, trolling and debating are indistinguishable from each other.

Frankly while I vote democrat currently as the lesser of two evils (which is sadly the current state of politics in most areas), I think both sides are full of idiots when it comes to common sense. Your friend for posting that on facebook in the first place, and to be honest you come off as kind of a douche for making this topic to begin with just to pat yourself on the back and feel smug and superior. Both sides are full of self deceiving delusionists and you're a fool if you think otherwise.

Nowhere do I support a political side, only an ideological side. I don't fault her for posting on FB, as honest debate is how you learn more about issues and eventually come to a more correct answer. I think this is a big reason behind why liberals can believe in such ridiculous nonsense, and what my real point was. When you refuse to engage in debate about the issues it is far easier to maintain beliefs in crazy nonsense. Look at your own response. Do you even mention welfare testing? No, you go straight for the ad hominem attacks.

Do you think welfare people should be tested? If no, please give an argument for why. For bonus points make a rational argument, not one based upon nonsensical abstract gibberish like the "rights" of welfare people to get welfare without preconditions.

man how do we even have homeless people if they get $45,000 a year of free shit by not working.
    95%+ homeless people are mentally fucked up. You could give them rent money and they'd use it to wipe their ass, or spend it on cheap booze. The few others are people who slipped between the cracks (often single men who qualify for a lot fewer programs), or those who are waiting for their welfare to be approved.

Someone should write a book. "How to game the system". They'd get rich as everyone quit working minimum wage jobs and the service industry shut down.
    People figure out how to game the system and they pass it on to their kids, and on and on. They have a lot more kids than those who don't figure it out, due to the nature of welfare. A lot of people are too proud to go on welfare if they can avoid it, but they have a tough time being able to afford reproduction. This is why the ratio of leechers to producers is getting worse. How do you think that is going to end?

I had a client that had been on social security- disability since he turned 18. Almost all of his friends were too. They tell their younger friends to apply as soon as they hit 18 so they don't have to work at all. Normally to get SS-D you need to have worked for X years and/or put in $X to the system... unless you are too young to have worked, in which case you can just get on it right away. Guess what their disability is? Drug addiction.

One of the many problems with the welfare system is that the rules are complicated. This means that many of the people who actually need it can't figure out how to get it, while those smart enough to get work instead use their intelligence to game the system. It may also mean that people who are working may think its easier to just keep working rather than go through the hassle of filling out all the paperwork.

A classmate of mine spent a summer working at the Denver HUD office, giving free legal help to welfare people. 1 guy came in all pissed off because he was being kicked out of free housing for dealing drugs. (made up statutes and yardage, I'm not looking that shit up for free.)

bum :"yo yo yo wtf bro, they be kickin' me out fo dealin n shit."

friend: "well, uh I'm new here but I think you lose your benefits if you are arrested for dealing."

bum: "yo meh, dats fuckdup I gets to keep livin fo free! Dats da law man!"

friend: "Umm, I guess I'll look it up but I don't think..."

bum: "wtf man, you jess be checkin' HUD statute 4589.38 (7)b subsection 2 in da footnotes yo. You only gits kicked out if yo azz iz hunnet n' fitty yard of the rezdence, and I measured that shit out like a muthafucka befo I started slangin dat shit."

friend: "Oh. I see it now, I guess you are right. I'll get you reinstated in the federally funded housing right away."
    Last edited by Polycasta; 07-29-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    ===========================

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassYour first GroupCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Awards:
    Final Fantasy Marathon ChampionMax Level on P99!
    I've been patiently waiting for Poly to respond so I can say this.

Lawyer'd.
    Killing is my business.... and business is good.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    *shrug* if you want to have an actual debate on welfare well I'm not the guy for it. I haven't studied it and don't consider myself anywhere near qualified to make arguments about it. But going by your first post that wasn't even the point of the topic, but just your vehicle for making a smug "sure showed those fag liberals what for" post which is what my first response was directed to and why I didn't bring up the welfare point in it. Just because I vote dem doesn't mean I agree with them on 100% or even 80% of current issues, it's just the system we currently have at the moment where I have to choose one of two sides that leans more towards my own personal views on a few key subjects for me at the time. Maybe you're completely right on the whole welfare point, I don't know, and I'll agree your friend was being dumb with that whole "wrong" info picture, and the snarky comment about evil conservatives or whatever is just an example of something both sides need to stop doing and exasperating a growing problem. But that's exactly what this topic is as well based on the title and opening line of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Polycasta View Post
    Nowhere do I support a political side, only an ideological side. I don't fault her for posting on FB, as honest debate is how you learn more about issues and eventually come to a more correct answer. I think this is a big reason behind why liberals can believe in such ridiculous nonsense, and what my real point was. When you refuse to engage in debate about the issues it is far easier to maintain beliefs in crazy nonsense.
    And right here I can completely agree with you for the first two sentences. I accept my own ignorance and try not to just outright accept one side or the other as right until I look into it in depth myself if I care to, and do enjoy watching a good debate on a subject where both sides are actually well educated on it even if I don't understand all the points 100% myself (and hey you can always look 'em up later) as a way of learning. But then you specifically say you only believe liberals are the ones who make these stupid comments without knowing anything about anything. Conservatives and every other side of this all have people who do the exact same thing man which is what I was trying to say.

Eh I probably shouldn't have even made this post but alas I am not a clever man. Politics and religion, two easy way to kill friendships if people take it too seriously lmao

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassYour first GroupCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Awards:
    Final Fantasy Marathon ChampionMax Level on P99!
    And right here I can completely agree with you for the first two sentences. I accept my own ignorance and try not to just outright accept one side or the other as right until I look into it in depth myself if I care to, and do enjoy watching a good debate on a subject where both sides are actually well educated on it even if I don't understand all the points 100% myself (and hey you can always look 'em up later) as a way of learning. But then you specifically say you only believe liberals are the ones who make these stupid comments without knowing anything about anything. Conservatives and every other side of this all have people who do the exact same thing man which is what I was trying to say.

Eh I probably shouldn't have even made this post but alas I am not a clever man. Politics and religion, two easy way to kill friendships if people take it too seriously lmao
    I don't think anyone would argue that people on both sides don't say stupid things. I think the hidden point is when it comes down to a intelligent debate the conservative viewpoint has a tendency to make more sense

And yeah, two topics that are most often avoided in RL unless you know the other person well enough its not going to degrade into stupidity.

That being said, the majority of the guild until recently has voiced being more conservative than liberal on many subjects. You probably took Poly's post a little more serious than you needed to, its just the sort of thing a lot of us get a laugh at around here. Mak's been banned from games for calling people fags and homo's, but I doubt he calls everyone he meets in RL a fag or a homo either. Poly probably does act exactly like this though.
    Killing is my business.... and business is good.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    I have found the people who get chat banned from games such as world of tanks or dota are usually the most fun to play with in something like teamspeak so that is perfectly fine with me

Avid Poster
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibix View Post
    Mak's been banned from games for calling people fags and homo's, but I doubt he calls everyone he meets in RL a fag or a homo either. Poly probably does act exactly like this though.

No I do, I don't act differently between RL or Online. And I've been banned from ffxiv forums for it already =/

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibix View Post
    That being said, the majority of the guild until recently has voiced being more conservative than liberal on many subjects.
    So many of us are not busying working and gaming the system that we don't have time to post ideological rants on the forums:P I kid, we have plenty of time for that. I feel that the only two people who are vocal about being more conservative are Defiant and Poly tbh, and who doesn't want to troll them.

Everyone knows that if a safety net is put in place, there will be people who are going to take advantage of it. I don't understand why they don't take people off of these programs due to being in jail (my friend just became a cop and he's on jail duty, where people come in and brag about their "obama phones", even though not having a phone to be reached at is a huge hurdle in getting employed) or by using drugs. The thing that sucks is that when people with common sense point out the obvious flaws, and nothing gets changed.

The same can be said for international corporations that don't pay taxes because they can easily shift profits overseas, and get huge tax breaks/federal stimulus $ from posting billion dollar losses in the U.S but globally have huge profits. I'm to lazy to find sources but I believe forbes had a top 10 list. Creating a dependency on federal programs for both extremes is moronic long term.

And also, if you are getting taxed at a rate above 10%, you are doing it wrong. Go go business deductions!

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Auedar View Post

And also, if you are getting taxed at a rate above 10%, you are doing it wrong. Go go business deductions!
    260,000 Euro income
    170,000 Euro income tax.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I love this thread
    Playing - Destiny on Xbox One. GT=Hellmist