EQN Class panel discussion

Here's the class discussion from SoE Live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOKhfxwLokg

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    In all honesty, this combat system is EXACTLY GW2's. There are 4 weapon abilities that differ between each class. Like if a warrior is using a sword and shield, he'll have a difference set than a paladin using a sword and shield. Then there will be the 4 class abilities just like GW2's. Kind of disappointing they completely copied another games combat system. I'm still hyped about all the stuff they wish to put into their game, I guess I expected if they were breaking the mold everywhere else, might as well break the combat mold. Oh well.
    Last edited by Valkyrie; 08-04-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    well its not a complete copy, gw2 was 5 and 5 not 4 and 4 xd

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    In all honesty, this combat system is EXACTLY GW2's. There are 4 weapon abilities that differ between each class. Like if a warrior is using a sword and shield, he'll have a difference set than a paladin using a sword and shield. Then there will be the 4 class abilities just like GW2's. Kind of disappointing they completely copied another games combat system. I'm still hyped about all the stuff they wish to put into their game, I guess I expected if they were breaking the mold everywhere else, might as well break the combat mold. Oh well.
    The worst part is that GW2 combat system is very bad. I requested a refund after the first hour playing it.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
    The worst part is that GW2 combat system is very bad. I requested a refund after the first hour playing it.
    I honestly didn't mind the combat system in GW2. I just expected EQN not to copy the system almost exactly. What I didn't like about GW2 was the lack of an end game and the fact that there was no trinity, and doing dungeons felt like a fucking crap shoot and a zerg fest. If EQN follows that path, I WILL refuse to play it. It is the most UN FUN system ever created by a game company.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    GW2... I'll say this. I did enjoy its combat. For soloing. After playing a bow ranger in GW2, its almost hard for me to play it in other games cause I just don't find it nearly as fun. Dungeons tho... well we'll never really know how well it would've worked for end game and raid because they made a HORRIBLE design choice in deciding nothing bigger than 5 man groups outside of WvW. Like that was a death sentence right there for endgame.

As for 5 man dungeons, idk, I think it worked well enough as long as people knew what they were doing. Which is a huge thing. If one person is an idiot it could pretty much screw you since compared to the trinity as long as the tank and healer were competent you could probably manage. It was really only a "crap shoot" in getting people who weren't complete retards if you were doing a random for it (and the fact it didn't have a dungeon finder at all to begin with at launch, ugh)

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrawl View Post
    GW2... I'll say this. I did enjoy its combat. For soloing. After playing a bow ranger in GW2, its almost hard for me to play it in other games cause I just don't find it nearly as fun. Dungeons tho... well we'll never really know how well it would've worked for end game and raid because they made a HORRIBLE design choice in deciding nothing bigger than 5 man groups outside of WvW. Like that was a death sentence right there for endgame.

As for 5 man dungeons, idk, I think it worked well enough as long as people knew what they were doing. Which is a huge thing. If one person is an idiot it could pretty much screw you since compared to the trinity as long as the tank and healer were competent you could probably manage. It was really only a "crap shoot" in getting people who weren't complete retards if you were doing a random for it (and the fact it didn't have a dungeon finder at all to begin with at launch, ugh)
    I grouped with many competent players, and Dungeons were still an extreme crap shoot. Having a boss that fills a tiny room full of bombs and your whole goal is to hope someone survives long enough for people to revive, run back and stay alive long enough for others to do the same was not fun. It's zerg tactics and extremely boring.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTagger First ClassSocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Wildstar Marathon Champion
    I dunno. The whole idea of them saying there isn't "hate" and they are removing the holy trinity is in my eyes deception. They say there isn't "dedicated" tanks or healers and imo, that can be interpreted two ways. 1)These classes simply do not exist outside of class and skill customization or 2) Because of their class system, everyone can play anything. So the original person that was "dedicated" healer or tank isn't anymore because anyone can switch to anything. Just that that person isn't. If they are making a game with 24 + man raids where everyone has to heal themselves.... I just can't see it. Sure they are taking away the fundamentals of the holy trinity, but through multiclassing and skill increases, there will be classess that excel at exactly such. Hopefully

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Xing View Post
    I dunno. The whole idea of them saying there isn't "hate" and they are removing the holy trinity is in my eyes deception. They say there isn't "dedicated" tanks or healers and imo, that can be interpreted two ways. 1)These classes simply do not exist outside of class and skill customization or 2) Because of their class system, everyone can play anything. So the original person that was "dedicated" healer or tank isn't anymore because anyone can switch to anything. Just that that person isn't. If they are making a game with 24 + man raids where everyone has to heal themselves.... I just can't see it. Sure they are taking away the fundamentals of the holy trinity, but through multiclassing and skill increases, there will be classess that excel at exactly such. Hopefully
    ANet said that same thing about the lack of a GW2 trinity. That any class could be tankish or a sort-of healer. Look how that worked out.

Avid Poster
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I grouped with many competent players, and Dungeons were still an extreme crap shoot. Having a boss that fills a tiny room full of bombs and your whole goal is to hope someone survives long enough for people to revive, run back and stay alive long enough for others to do the same was not fun. It's zerg tactics and extremely boring.
    They changed that, once your dead, only way back in the room is for a player to rez you. No more running back, same difficulty level aswell