Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'EverQuest Next Landmark' Is Much More Than A World Builder

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    1. I increasingly don't see the point in having two games that are so similar. If so much of EQN is going to be in Landmark, why not just release EQN?
    2. That said, this is intriguing:
    Players will be able to bring a Norrath approved parcel from EverQuest Next Landmark to EverQuest Next. There is some questing/tasking involved to get a plot of land and other details involved, but players will be able to bring elements in. Players will also be able to take their “Adventurer” class from EverQuest Next Landmark over to EverQuest Next.
    Sounds like people who don't put in the time in Landmark will be at a disadvantage come EQN launch.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    It's more than likely going to be an upgraded version of minecraft, which will also be a solid testing bed for EQN.

Having 2 separate games makes sense, since minecraft players (the creative crowd) probably would enjoy a more laid back game than what they are thinking about making EQN.

Either way, it sounds like they are going to be trying a bunch of new shit, and creative communities like minecraft are more open to trial and error, versus the MMO crowd which will bitch and moan every time there is a combat revamp.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I dont know if subscription has been confirmed or denied, but my theory for 2 games has been this:

Landmark - Free to play with cash shop for buying other peoples built structures, items, and w/e else you can think of. Content built in this game will funnel over and help subsidize A LOT of work for developers on EQN. This is the game to grab people in for free and make them want to play EQN.

EQN - Paid subscription game. This is your typical D&D go fuck up bitches game with more action and story.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyld View Post
    I dont know if subscription has been confirmed or denied, but my theory for 2 games has been this:

Landmark - Free to play with cash shop for buying other peoples built structures, items, and w/e else you can think of. Content built in this game will funnel over and help subsidize A LOT of work for developers on EQN. This is the game to grab people in for free and make them want to play EQN.

EQN - Paid subscription game. This is your typical D&D go fuck up bitches game with more action and story.
    They're both F2P.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Seems I get less enthusiastic about the game the more I hear about it

Forum Gypsy
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran1000 Experience Points
    Landmark is a very interesting approach that almost no one takes these days when developing videogames. It gives the players options to create and vote on creations that have a chance to make it into EQN. Not just special players. Everyone. Being someone who enjoys games like Minecraft and spent a large part of their youth building Legos, something like this gives me the opportunity to build and create interesting things.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Numero View Post
    Seems I get less enthusiastic about the game the more I hear about it
    Feel the same way about TESO.

Definitely not excited about EQN yet--though anyone who is excited is a fool as there's not nearly enough information out about the game--but I'm interested and will continue to be. I'm starting to get the feeling that, as a non-raider, my interest in FFXIV is going to drop off a cliff once I finish leveling all the classes. Hopefully EQN will be a nice world to retire to for a few years while the MMO hype-machine dies off and people start making good games again.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    I'm excited about EQN.

It looks like a neat looking MMO with interesting sandbox properties.

Forum Gypsy
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    Feel the same way about TESO.

Definitely not excited about EQN yet--though anyone who is excited is a fool as there's not nearly enough information out about the game--but I'm interested and will continue to be. I'm starting to get the feeling that, as a non-raider, my interest in FFXIV is going to drop off a cliff once I finish leveling all the classes. Hopefully EQN will be a nice world to retire to for a few years while the MMO hype-machine dies off and people start making good games again.
    So why isn't there a main TESO forum? As much as people have written it off and have little to no expectations for it, I will still be playing it.