Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    you guys really think a good MMO can be restricted with the performance of a console?

would you raid with people on a console?

would you play counterstrike with a controller?

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    It's not really an MMO. With the exception of one area (the quest hub, essentially), it's all instanced group/solo stuff, iirc.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Well then it's going to be part of the COD life cycle. 2-3 months and done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmind View Post
    Are you just going to disappear once we start raiding?

Honestly, it looked okay from videos, but I don't think I'm ready to sink money into a PS4 and this game yet; as long as Wildstar keeps good monthly drops, I'll be set for a while.
    It's coming out for 360, PS3, PS4, and Xbox One. It's also coming out for PC sometime next Spring (probably)

Personally I'm looking forward to it, the beta was sick. It definitely seems like a Borderlands-esque experience where it'll be way better to play with bros than randos

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    I just don't see how there will be any sort of bragging rights behind the PvE, and the PvP will bring nothing new to the FPS genre. I'd rather not pay a subscription for that.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTagger First ClassSocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Wildstar Marathon Champion
    I just don't see how there will be any sort of bragging rights behind the PvE, and the PvP will bring nothing new to the FPS genre. I'd rather not pay a subscription for that.
    Subscription? All you have to do is buy the game son.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Oh well that makes it a little more appealing, minus the cost of a console system. Will XB1 players be able to play with PS4 or are these servers system restricted?

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Oh well that makes it a little more appealing, minus the cost of a console system. Will XB1 players be able to play with PS4 or are these servers system restricted?
    Microsoft is the 3rd party that restricts things like this. They were able to do cross platform play between PC/PS3/XB360 when Defiance came out, and are still able to do so. Console gamers also get completely destroyed when it comes to competitive play when someone has a mouse and keyboard. The precision and speed at which you can aim a retical with a mouse works way better than with a controller, hence why most FPS games on console have aim assist on normally.

If you guys are interested in an MMOish FPS, why don't you get a few people together to play planetside 2. From people who have played the game, what is the appeal of Destiny over existing games, minus the fact that it has a Halo feel.
    Last edited by Auedar; 08-15-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Achievements:
    I was not a fan of PS2. It felt too clunky to me, from beta all the way into release. It was pretty dead last time I logged on, too.

Defiance was even worse. The idea Trion created was great, and being a fan of the vanilla Rift, I gave it a shot. Not my cup of tea.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Auedar View Post
    Microsoft is the 3rd party that restricts things like this. They were able to do cross platform play between PC/PS3/XB360 when Defiance came out, and are still able to do so. Console gamers also get completely destroyed when it comes to competitive play when someone has a mouse and keyboard. The precision and speed at which you can aim a retical with a mouse works way better than with a controller, hence why most FPS games on console have aim assist on normally.

If you guys are interested in an MMOish FPS, why don't you get a few people together to play planetside 2. From people who have played the game, what is the appeal of Destiny over existing games, minus the fact that it has a Halo feel.
    It's because planetside 2 is just a large FPS with nothing to it but a large scale. Destiny is a FPS RPG where you earn gear in equipable slots and also have a progression tree to specialize your character. Think Borderlands 2 with more equipment (head, chest, gloves, boots, *trinkets*, ghosts, upgraded ships [cosmetic]).