Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Destiny

  1. #11
    Member
    Points: 930, Level: 7
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    MUZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    269
    you guys really think a good MMO can be restricted with the performance of a console?

    would you raid with people on a console?

    would you play counterstrike with a controller?

  2. #12
    Member
    Points: 12,604, Level: 33
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    squidgod2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    841
    It's not really an MMO. With the exception of one area (the quest hub, essentially), it's all instanced group/solo stuff, iirc.

  3. #13
    Member
    Points: 930, Level: 7
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    MUZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    269
    Well then it's going to be part of the COD life cycle. 2-3 months and done


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Member
    Points: 5,966, Level: 22
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Tso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmind View Post
    Are you just going to disappear once we start raiding?

    Honestly, it looked okay from videos, but I don't think I'm ready to sink money into a PS4 and this game yet; as long as Wildstar keeps good monthly drops, I'll be set for a while.
    It's coming out for 360, PS3, PS4, and Xbox One. It's also coming out for PC sometime next Spring (probably)

    Personally I'm looking forward to it, the beta was sick. It definitely seems like a Borderlands-esque experience where it'll be way better to play with bros than randos

  5. #15
    Member
    Points: 2,123, Level: 12
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Halfmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    187
    I just don't see how there will be any sort of bragging rights behind the PvE, and the PvP will bring nothing new to the FPS genre. I'd rather not pay a subscription for that.

  6. #16
    Member
    Points: 9,417, Level: 29
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTagger First ClassSocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Wildstar Marathon Champion
    Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmind View Post
    I just don't see how there will be any sort of bragging rights behind the PvE, and the PvP will bring nothing new to the FPS genre. I'd rather not pay a subscription for that.
    Subscription? All you have to do is buy the game son.

  7. #17
    Member
    Points: 2,123, Level: 12
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Halfmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    187
    Oh well that makes it a little more appealing, minus the cost of a console system. Will XB1 players be able to play with PS4 or are these servers system restricted?

  8. #18
    Member
    Points: 12,068, Level: 33
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Auedar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmind View Post
    Oh well that makes it a little more appealing, minus the cost of a console system. Will XB1 players be able to play with PS4 or are these servers system restricted?
    Microsoft is the 3rd party that restricts things like this. They were able to do cross platform play between PC/PS3/XB360 when Defiance came out, and are still able to do so. Console gamers also get completely destroyed when it comes to competitive play when someone has a mouse and keyboard. The precision and speed at which you can aim a retical with a mouse works way better than with a controller, hence why most FPS games on console have aim assist on normally.

    If you guys are interested in an MMOish FPS, why don't you get a few people together to play planetside 2. From people who have played the game, what is the appeal of Destiny over existing games, minus the fact that it has a Halo feel.
    Last edited by Auedar; 08-15-2014 at 04:35 AM.

  9. #19
    Member
    Points: 2,123, Level: 12
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Halfmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    187
    I was not a fan of PS2. It felt too clunky to me, from beta all the way into release. It was pretty dead last time I logged on, too.

    Defiance was even worse. The idea Trion created was great, and being a fan of the vanilla Rift, I gave it a shot. Not my cup of tea.

  10. #20
    Member
    Points: 6,817, Level: 24
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Valkyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Auedar View Post
    Microsoft is the 3rd party that restricts things like this. They were able to do cross platform play between PC/PS3/XB360 when Defiance came out, and are still able to do so. Console gamers also get completely destroyed when it comes to competitive play when someone has a mouse and keyboard. The precision and speed at which you can aim a retical with a mouse works way better than with a controller, hence why most FPS games on console have aim assist on normally.

    If you guys are interested in an MMOish FPS, why don't you get a few people together to play planetside 2. From people who have played the game, what is the appeal of Destiny over existing games, minus the fact that it has a Halo feel.
    It's because planetside 2 is just a large FPS with nothing to it but a large scale. Destiny is a FPS RPG where you earn gear in equipable slots and also have a progression tree to specialize your character. Think Borderlands 2 with more equipment (head, chest, gloves, boots, *trinkets*, ghosts, upgraded ships [cosmetic]).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •