Elder
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of LawKing of PublishingPosting AwardMax Level on P99!

Second Pantheon Developer Round Table

https://soundcloud.com/pantheon-rotf...le-2-28-15-pt1

Still listening to it, but so far:

(1) EQ1 Style starting cities
    (2) exp penalty on death
    (3) multi-system AAs?
    (4) not going to use BoE or BoP for anything but raid items
    (5) Incentives to hold on to old items and/or sacrifice them, but twinking completely possible if you desire
    (6) Using zones instead of a fluid world. Train to zone!
    (7) Meaningful travel
    DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN
    Divinus / Avid Co-Founder: 8 June 2007
    Guild History Highlights: Vanguard | Age of Conan | EverQuest 2 | Aion | RIFT | Tera | FFXIV | WildStar | WoW

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/pantheon-rotf...le-2-28-15-pt1

twinking completely possible if you desire
    So my new strat is to let you guys alpha/beta test the game, and then you can PL/twink me. I'm interested to see how they handle social aspects/where players tend to gather. The game that actually did an awesome job at that was SWG.

Any ideas on if they are going to have diplomacy be a part of the game? I feel like they definitely could have tied that shit into raiding/crafting/adventuring more. Being able to use arguments to take alternative paths/different loot tables would be interesting.

Elder
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    if this actually releases i will be happy.

Elder
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Auedar View Post
    Any ideas on if they are going to have diplomacy be a part of the game?
    The current plan is to bring in a Vanguard style diplomacy system post launch.
    DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN
    Guild History Highlights: Vanguard | Age of Conan | EverQuest 2 | Aion | RIFT | Tera | FFXIV | WildStar | WoW

Elder
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Max Level on P99!
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
    "Over time more came and went until the team of only the most dedicated to the project was assembled."

"My goal has been to keep Pantheon alive no matter what and to ride the storm out. Instead of joining the debate and argument, especially when it got ugly, I focused on building a new team. It so happened that I had a friend who had been working on a religious niche MMO for years using a volunteer only team. I tapped into her knowledge of volunteer and remote team building and much to my amazement was able to start reassembling a team far more rapidly than I thought possible. -Brad McQuaid"

Translation: Brad was surprised to find that not paying people when you pay yourself handsomely causes them to quit, and so he asked someone else with extensive experience at failing to finish games. She told him to look for suckers to do all the work for free while he garners all the accolades and profit. Pretty much like EQ1.

One of the few things I dislike about EQ is the lack of boe items. I can't stop myself from twinking due to my gamer disorder, but I'd prefer it if I had some loot oriented incentives to do dungeons while leveling up.
    ===========================

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Wildstar Marathon ChampionMax Level on P99!
    Space Invaders Champion Silvershadow's Avatar
    One of the few things I dislike about EQ is the lack of boe items. I can't stop myself from twinking due to my gamer disorder, but I'd prefer it if I had some loot oriented incentives to do dungeons while leveling up.
    BoE items are the single worst thing that ever happened to MMO's. The only reason it happened in the first place was because people like me made a killing. The idea of twinking is a huge incentive to get max level in the first place and grind out those camps. The only downside in current EQ or p99 that is. No AA's. If they add'd AA's to Kunark / Velious era I would be in heaven. If you want incentive to do low lvl dungeons while lvl'n up an easy fix would be to make certain dungeons only available from a certain lvl range. Make those items insanely good and people would re lvl toons just to be able to farm those if they wanted. It would give people the option to have difficult content outside of sebilis / HS. I'm not sure if velious was launched on P99 but the same principal would apply.
    You hate me but we both know it's because I'm better than you.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvershadow View Post
    BoE items are the single worst thing that ever happened to MMO's. The only reason it happened in the first place was because people like me made a killing. The idea of twinking is a huge incentive to get max level in the first place and grind out those camps. The only downside in current EQ or p99 that is. No AA's. If they add'd AA's to Kunark / Velious era I would be in heaven. If you want incentive to do low lvl dungeons while lvl'n up an easy fix would be to make certain dungeons only available from a certain lvl range. Make those items insanely good and people would re lvl toons just to be able to farm those if they wanted. It would give people the option to have difficult content outside of sebilis / HS. I'm not sure if velious was launched on P99 but the same principal would apply.
    The only problem with a lack of BoE items is that it makes crafting, an entire aspect of the game, profitable until the market is flooded with crafted goods/dungeon items. So, the first few months of the life of the game. A way to combat this would to make crafted armor better than dungeon armor, but people who would camp dungeons would complain due to the time investment. To counter that you can make crafting incredibly fucking stupid and make the best crafted items be RNG or just take amazing amounts of resources. There needs to be a way for items to leave the market, much like there needs to be a way for money to exit a market. Having a fucked up economy can ruin a decent game. There are other ways to get rid of items, but most of them are unpopular. (IE, items getting destroyed upon death, etc) I'm sure they would be open to new ideas that haven't been tested, and I would love to brainstorm with everyone.

In EQ2 they made it so you only got drops in dungeons if you were within the "appropriate" level range, which worked fairly well, since having a max level toon come in and take out all the named/camping the end boss of the dungeon is pretty fucking stupid. Which is why they made instances. And instances suck. They also experimented with certain zones being available until a certain level, and that was also dropped due to players on the forums (the max lvl players who are bored to shit) complain that they can't access all of the games content. They did this in particular for certain lower level raid/group zones.

I would not be against an system where items get destroyed eventually, and if you put them on a lower level they get destroyed exponentially faster. I think this would balance out and create a more competitive market for sought after items, and people that had the $$ or time could still greatly benefit.

Elder
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    What's wrong with good old wear and tear or programmed obsolescence? Works well enough IRL.
    Not Australian.