Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowfall

Elder
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,346
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of LawKing of PublishingPosting AwardMax Level on P99!
    DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN
    Divinus / Avid Co-Founder: 8 June 2007
    Guild History Highlights: Vanguard | Age of Conan | EverQuest 2 | Aion | RIFT | Tera | FFXIV | WildStar | WoW

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    neat.

Elder
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Napp View Post
    neat.
    My thoughts as well. I am tempted to donate at the $100 level, but going to do some more research before I hop on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN
    Guild History Highlights: Vanguard | Age of Conan | EverQuest 2 | Aion | RIFT | Tera | FFXIV | WildStar | WoW

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Seems pretty cool, I'll probably back it as well after a bit more research.

Webmaster
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    I'm all for the little guy trying to make their way in the MMO world, but I've become so jaded that I effectively consider any new product dead in the water until they can prove otherwise (which as far as I'm concerned can take upwards of a year).

Guild Leader
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Wildstar Marathon ChampionUser with most referrers
    Eh, where they lost me was the Eternal Kingdoms part. I don't mind the idea of a persistent homeworld, but making that player controlled is odd. Do you just have to choose which one to go to and hope the leaders are good? Is each guild just gonna have its own world? Is it pvp for control, take the opponents castle and then you get to be the lord? I kinda get what they are going for but this leaves me with several concerns, vs just having a persistent homeworld similar to a capital city just instead a world.

I guess i get concerned here is because if its pvp or w/e for power in this Eternal Kingdom, they sold it via kickstarter. The 10k backers (9 already claimed) get large fortresses with extra land/buildings/etc. They basically get to start the game as rulers, a distinct advantage.

What exactly is the goal of the game? A bunch of 1-3month long matches that you try to win, much like a chess match. Where losing is no big deal, just jump back in? Do you have any idea how toxic that will be? Dota/League are toxic compared to cod because games are 3x as long, with month longs games lol. Is the goal of the game to win the Eternal kingdom that your on? Then its gonna be even more toxic to win every single inner match, and power guilds will just farm up in the GvG zones. I mean they just said strategy games get stale when someone reaches superpower status, but created the persistent world to allow for just that? Or am I mistaken and the Eternal kingdoms is more of a guild housing and you can hop between the different ones with ease?

Is the meat of the game supposed to be the inner world matches? or the Eternal Kingdom? Atm the entire purpose of the Eternal kingdom is very odd to me and seems to be counter to the purpose of their game design, unless its simply a cosmetic "housing" like area with some minor rules imposed by the ruler. They showcased destruction etc, but is that in the eternal kingdom or merely in the player controlled castles of the inner worlds?

Need more details, etc. I can definitely see some design flaws, but at the same time it intrigued me enough to ask as many questions as I have. Its different and could be interesting. Worth following for now, but no more.
    <Placeholder Signature>

Raider
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    I'm going to keep my eye on this one. Looks pretty promising with elements of EVE, SWG, WildStar and no levels.

http://errantpenman.com/2015/03/29/hobo-gamer-crowfall/

Elder
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by xitan View Post
    I'm going to keep my eye on this one. Looks pretty promising with elements of EVE, SWG, WildStar and no levels.

http://errantpenman.com/2015/03/29/hobo-gamer-crowfall/
    The no levels thing worries me, but we will see.
    DEFIANT / MYSTELTIN

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
    The no levels thing worries me, but we will see.
    As long as there are bars to fill or some sort of addicting mechanic for continual play, it should work. There are plenty of games out there where the gains from levels are so minimal (look at AA points) and auto-equalized in PvP/softcaps where it's pretty much just another reason to continue playing a game you enjoy. Gear leveling is one of the newer things that seems to be growing in the genre. Naming your own items, etc.

As long as it's a solid game and you don't rush endgame content that won't exist, it should last for a few months.

Elder
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    This model of game play is unsustainable. Time will tell, but my money is that it won't fly, or not for long.
    Not Australian.