Core Raider
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Final Fantasy Marathon Champion

FFXV

Based on the story we know so far(which is very little really) and demo gameplay, game looks to be shaping up to be pretty awesome.

Boasting up to 200 hours of gameplay with DLC(most free apparently, some paid)
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...story-content/

Also will have multiplayer, though not real sure as to what extent.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/27/13...n-pass-details
    Last edited by Onolock; 10-28-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    can you be the dog???

Core Raider
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Some gameplay

Core Raider
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Also if you do plan to pick up the game, I would highly recommend watching the optional movie and anime they made to more or less set the stage(neither have any spoilers whatsoever of what will happen in game).

In the timeline of things of what happens before the game:

1) Omen Trailer linked above in my first post - This is a dream sequence that King Regis has and directly influences his decision to make the choices he does in the Kingsglaive film. There is nothing story wise in the trailer that is in the game. This is merely a glimpse of what would happen if he doesn't take the action he does and Noctis is in the capital city during the events of Kingsglaive. This trailer is fucking fantastic.

2) Kingsglaive Film - This film is a full length feature film that is about the events that happen in the capital city directly before the game. It introduces you to characters you will see in-game and also provides a wonderful introduction to the world. IMO, this movie is their best Final Fantasy movie they have made. The characters, action, and storytelling are awesome, and it looks great too. I think it's like roughly 2 hours or so. Bonus for Kingsglaive, King Regis is voiced by Sean Bean(Ned Stark), Lunafreya by Lena Headey(Cersei Lannister), and Nyx by Aaron Paul(Breaking Bad guy).

3) Brotherhood Anime - This is a short 5 episode anime they made that covers each main individual party member and gives you some background on their relationship to Noctis and why they are traveling with him etc. This takes place kind of at the same time as the movie, but it's not focused in the same place at all. This also gives more background on Noctis's childhood. Here is a link to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK2L6iZqwrk It's roughly an hour long, and also pretty good.

Both of those lead directly up to the opening of the game, and we know nothing about the plot past that. You don't have to watch any of the above to play the game at all, it just provides some more depth and understanding.
    Last edited by Onolock; 11-02-2016 at 04:14 PM.

Pixlol
    I'm really excited about this game for two reasons

1) the graphics engine is going to be the same used for Kingdom hearts 3, which means that the game play will most likely be super similar and very fluid like the kingdom heart games

2) the story actually looks really solid, and based on the information that's been given through the animated shorts / demos / game play ect... it appears tat they can pretty much go any direction they want in order to make the story work which is awesome

The only thing I don't want to happen is the game be a re-hashed Kingdom hearts style game with Final Fantasy overlay and weird KH style crap that goes on.

Core Raider
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixlol View Post
    I'm really excited about this game for two reasons

1) the graphics engine is going to be the same used for Kingdom hearts 3, which means that the game play will most likely be super similar and very fluid like the kingdom heart games

2) the story actually looks really solid, and based on the information that's been given through the animated shorts / demos / game play ect... it appears tat they can pretty much go any direction they want in order to make the story work which is awesome

The only thing I don't want to happen is the game be a re-hashed Kingdom hearts style game with Final Fantasy overlay and weird KH style crap that goes on.
    There are some pretty tin-foily theories out there about the plot, and some of them are actually pretty interesting. This game has had 10 years in production, I gotta say they have thought out the story fairly well.

Tabata said he hopes it will be an ending that makes fans cry, but who knows. http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/03/23802/

Well some of the same team that worked on KH did work on this game, but I would say KH has that style because of just the craziness of all those different characters and universes they are from. This is a modern fantasy, so I don't think we are gonna have anything too crazy going on that is too far out there.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    yikes. 72 hours for a single encounter? what the fuck is this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw

up

Core Raider
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Napp View Post
    yikes. 72 hours for a single encounter? what the fuck is this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw
    The world and everything in it is pretty real time. I'm not sure how that fight will work, obviously you aren't gonna sit there for that long, but who knows. We haven't seen much of anything outside of trailers/demos etc...

This is the map though of the world...as compared to some other maps...which is holy shit.

As a result, the whole area covered by the map, including water, is an enormous 2,036.8 square kilometers, translating to 786.4 square miles.