Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FFXV

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Super excited about this. Treating it like an MMO launch by taking time off work, stocking up on Twisted's nutrition guide, and forewarning friends / family to leave me alone!

That map can't be nearly as dense as the Witchers though.
    PSN = Vashin

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    A classic Vash post.

Make sure your girlfriend knows to cook you meals for the entire week ahead of time.

Core Raider
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Final Fantasy Marathon Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Super excited about this. Treating it like an MMO launch by taking time off work, stocking up on Twisted's nutrition guide, and forewarning friends / family to leave me alone!

That map can't be nearly as dense as the Witchers though.
    I wish I had some PTO at work RIP. Yeah I don't know, nothing has really been said about map density etc...there are so many side areas and random shit to explore though. I've been playing the Judgement Demo just released(Japan only), and I've spent countless hours just running around exploring shit. But not sure, I never played Witcher, I can't imagine they have that big of a world and not populate it well enough. There is also a 7GB day 1 patch on release as well, we should get more info about that tomorrow SE said. It should include support for 4k, bug fixes, and who knows what else.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Going to be sitting here waiting for the PC release....and then trying to justify not buying it until it's on sale since I have like 20 other games I have on steam that I still haven't touched yet....

Give us a heads up on how well it plays. I'm interested in knowing where the challenges lie within the game. I enjoyed XII's combat a ton more than XIII's once I was able to figure out the priority structure for the AI.

Core Raider
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Auedar View Post
    Going to be sitting here waiting for the PC release....and then trying to justify not buying it until it's on sale since I have like 20 other games I have on steam that I still haven't touched yet....

Give us a heads up on how well it plays. I'm interested in knowing where the challenges lie within the game. I enjoyed XII's combat a ton more than XIII's once I was able to figure out the priority structure for the AI.
    You could be waiting a while for a PC release...they have said they MIGHT make a PC port in the future, but their primary concern is the console releases. So, who knows how long that might be. The combat is actually going to be quite challenging to master. When I first read about it I thought button mashing was gonna be all it was, but there are actually so many things you can do in battle, and also so many ways you can build your characters through the Ascension system. You could make characters more support, give them different abilities to use weapons, and all sorts of shit. This video is fantastic to show some of the things you need to know about combat. After watching this, I have been going about combat all wrong, there is a ton of strategy I didn't even know about.

Also a side-note, fighting at night is wayyy more dangerous than in the day. For example, Iron Giants will literally spawn in the middle of the roads blocking your path if you are driving at night, or anywhere in front of you. You are like level 5 and they are level 30. Using the combat system to it's fullest, you can defeat these things with a whole lot of skill. Otherwise, they will wreck you so fast, which is what they did to me, cause I am still learning lol.

Also an update from Tabata on the patch on Day 1 I think?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/commen..._crown_update/

I guess the monster density thing is easily solved with the Monster Flute...but I don't know about the density already present in the world, it might just be to endlessly spawn monsters when you want.

Core Raider
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Another trailer released today that explains the environment, characters, battle, crafting magic, and a bunch of other info about the game. Pretty good watch if you thing you might be interested in picking up the game.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassCreated Album pictures5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    One of the few things I will take away from living in Guam for the past year and a half, is Japanese game release dates. Get this game at midnight at GMT +10. Too bad I'll be working the week before getting most of December off.

I tolerated FFXIII purely to watch it from a beautiful cinematic point of view, I never knew you could make even class systems linear. I haven't played FFXV since the first demo, but so long as they pay a bit more homage to skill-tempered gameplay and FFXII, I don't see why I can't be happy.

Core Raider
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Onolock View Post
    No 4K support? Damn! Just went and bought a new AV receiver cause my old one didn't support it! Oh well.
    PSN = Vashin

Core Raider
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    No 4K support? Damn! Just went and bought a new AV receiver cause my old one didn't support it! Oh well.
    4k is already supported out of the box, one of the reasons it was delayed, so I guess I was misunderstanding that. The December patch is just to further improve FPS on the PS4 Pro which is already amazing on the demo I have been playing.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/featur...d-more-1629864

A patch is slated for December to enhance PS4 Pro performance, and it will be interesting to see if the differences between Sony’s platforms will become wider.