Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FFXV

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Gotcha - there's no way I can wait...
    PSN = Vashin

Guild Leader
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Wildstar Marathon ChampionUser with most referrers
    4k is only 30fps. 1080p does 40-50 fps. The resolution is dynamic to keep framerate stable at at least 30. Think like when watching a stream and your internet hiccups. Rather than dropping frames, it will drop resolution (aka risk of grainy action). They are hoping for a 60fps patch by the end of the year for 1080p. The console doesn't have the power to do 4k 60. The new xbox does not support 4k either, it only has a 4k blue-ray player, which the ps4 does not have for some odd reason.

Prolly gonna buy new xbox just cuz its basically the same price as the few 4k blue-ray players on the market, and hey it comes with a console.
    <Placeholder Signature>

Core Raider
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Final Fantasy Marathon Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
    4k is only 30fps. 1080p does 40-50 fps. The resolution is dynamic to keep framerate stable at at least 30. Think like when watching a stream and your internet hiccups. Rather than dropping frames, it will drop resolution (aka risk of grainy action). They are hoping for a 60fps patch by the end of the year for 1080p. The console doesn't have the power to do 4k 60. The new xbox does not support 4k either, it only has a 4k blue-ray player, which the ps4 does not have for some odd reason.

Prolly gonna buy new xbox just cuz its basically the same price as the few 4k blue-ray players on the market, and hey it comes with a console.
    Ah well thanks for clearing that up...articles I read never really explained that. Well then the patch to bring it up to 60fps on 1080p is in December then. I've been playing it on 4k, I notice no frame drops at all on the Pro, though I never really played it a ton on the regular PS4, but people are saying the same thing. Regular PS4 probably won't run the game at 60fps easily, but the Pro should easily handle it. All I know is the game looks beautiful on HDR with a big screen.

Yeah, the inventors of Blu-Ray didn't put a player in there lol, who knows. My guess it to keep the price down, but someone goofed up there.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Sigh... Last time I pre-order from a brick and mortar unless they enable pre-loading system for non PS Store games. I get home and 9 Gb patch on a wireless connection blows.

Core Raider
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyld View Post
    Sigh... Last time I pre-order from a brick and mortar unless they enable pre-loading system for non PS Store games. I get home and 9 Gb patch on a wireless connection blows.
    Yeah, that's the Day 1 Patch. Anyone who bought the game has this day 1 patch download period, digital and physical copy owners alike. This was one of the reasons the game was delayed, so instead of a 9GB patch with all they added, it could have been much much more. I pre-ordered from Amazon cause I liked their DLC, but had I pre-ordered from SE, I might have received my copy already, but oh well.

I am going to have to download the same patch when I get home tonight, but oh well. It adds in more story from the omen trailer, bug fixes, etc. and other shit that was posted in the patch notes in an earlier post.

Core Raider
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Fastest selling FF game of all time, which is not too surprising with the hype that was surrounding the game. Pretty weird that they would word it units shipped instead of units sold. Those units shipped are easily gonna sell, and reviews are pretty good so far. I'm having a blast playing it.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fin.../1100-6445876/

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Finished the main quest.

Probably my favorite main quest story since XII, mainly because it pretty much opted out of having a real main story line. It instead focused on character beats, and they nailed it with the four main characters.

I like it better than I,X, and the one we won't speak of...
    Last edited by Jetthro; 12-03-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Core Raider
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetthro View Post
    Finished the main quest.

Probably my favorite main quest story since XII, mainly because it pretty much opted out of having a real main story line. It instead focused on character beats, and they nailed it with the four main characters.

I like it better than I,X, and the one we won't speak of...
    Damn you finished fast, I'm like 50 hours in and only in chapter 6 lol..I have been doing every side quest I can...also hit lvl 60 so I am a bit overpowered.

But yeah the interactions are great, the world is large and full. This is easily the most non linear game, I've spent hours sidetracked from stuff and then get sidetracked yet again. I was worried about being alot of emptiness in the world, but it's not at all. This so far is easily my top 3 FF games, I am loving it
    Last edited by Onolock; 12-04-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Onolock View Post
    Damn you finished fast, I'm like 50 hours in and only in chapter 6 lol..I have been doing every side quest I can...also hit lvl 60 so I am a bit overpowered.

But yeah the interactions are great, the world is large and full. This is easily the most non linear game, I've spent hours sidetracked from stuff and then get sidetracked yet again. I was worried about being alot of emptiness in the world, but it's not at all. This so far is easily my top 3 FF games, I am loving it
    Yeah I got the game and pretty much parked my ass for a long ass time in front of the TV playing it. At some point I decided to plunge further in the story, and then I couldn't get out of completing it...

Very pleased that Tabata was able to salvage a very messy development. This game very easily could have been bad. Instead, it's a great game that manages to overcome its considerable flaws.
    Last edited by Jetthro; 12-05-2016 at 02:38 AM.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    So I have put in about 40 hours in now. Here is my little subjective 2 cents on the game.

I started the game without watching Kingsglaive or the anime series. This led to a huge appointment's with the game story line. If you didn't watch them you are literally clueless what the hell is going on in the game, but there are still really awesome story points (especially from Altissia onward).

The combat is just awesome. Honestly this is what made the game for me besides just being able to do w/e you want in the open world.

I am not too crazy about having to constantly harvest + craft magic (and magic sometimes really fucks you from friendly fire), but having some pretty OP and unique magic combos is really fun.

Driving in the car is super lame. You get more fast travels later in the game and there are clever ways to fast travel around (return to car or return to rest point), but there are several times in the game you are just sitting in a car watching 4 dudes finger poppin' each others assholes for a good 5+ minutes (this feels like centuries in game time).

The music player was honestly a huge bummer. They have a music player you can listen to in the car and also out in the world. It lets you listen to classic FF songs and newer ones, but it seems like it really missed the mark on release. There are some really good additions including the afrojack 'braver' FF remix, but they are missing so many epic and beautiful songs from the FF anthology. For example, almost all of the best music from vi, vii, and x was completely missing. Hell, they didn't even add the amazing 'Stand by me' track from florence + the machine. I expect them to improve with patches in the future, maybe, but right now I am pretty disappointed with this feature.

I really have no issues with the rest of the game. Plenty of interesting sidequests, fishing, hunts, chocobo races, car upgrades, armigers, gathering, and minigames to play. Very fun and great time sink. I anticipate doing at least 100 hours before I finish everything.