08-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Watch this movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knuckles
08-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Quest accepted.

Knuckles
08-21-2014, 01:20 AM
cool idea, but the acting was bad at points......unless you were in it, then it was a work of art!

Jetthro
08-21-2014, 07:58 AM
I would actually disagree with the assessment that the acting was bad at points.

I thought the leads all played their parts well. No one was particularly stiff or woolen, and they all communicated their emotions appropriately without being too melodramatic about it. The accents were alright, and not some sort of cheesy twang. It wasn't like we were watching Keanu Reeves play himself in another role out there. :)

I'm not sure what more you can expect out of the acting, though I'm curious to hear why you thought the acting was bad at points. I feel you if you were getting at stepdad #1, who could be a bit heavyhanded at points. However, I wouldn't dock the movie based on his bit.

Knuckles
08-21-2014, 04:44 PM
when i say "at points", i truly mean it. i couldn't give you every example without re-watching the movie. The scene when the main boy was hanging with his friends older brother was poorly done and and came off awkward and cheesy.

Also i feel his sister was the weaker link as far as casting went. it seemed as if she had to roll her eyes or talk in an unnatural tone just to say her lines.

BUT, i just might not know what i'm talking about. maybe the director wanted to make that scene feel awkward and cheesy because ( we all have been there ) and that part of life is awkward. And maybe the sisters character was suppose to be annoying because sister ARE annoying.

All-in-all i feel the movie was done well, the mom and dad, imo, were the best part of the movie and i really believed in their characters.

Jetthro
08-21-2014, 05:14 PM
when i say "at points", i truly mean it. i couldn't give you every example without re-watching the movie. The scene when the main boy was hanging with his friends older brother was poorly done and and came off awkward and cheesy.

Also i feel his sister was the weaker link as far as casting went. it seemed as if she had to roll her eyes or talk in an unnatural tone just to say her lines.

BUT, i just might not know what i'm talking about. maybe the director wanted to make that scene feel awkward and cheesy because ( we all have been there ) and that part of life is awkward. And maybe the sisters character was suppose to be annoying because sister ARE annoying.

All-in-all i feel the movie was done well, the mom and dad, imo, were the best part of the movie and i really believed in their characters.

I hear ya.

I do think the point was to make that scene feel awkward and cheesy, as we've all experienced that moment with older kids.

As for the sister - I think a lot of her lines were meant to be conveyed in that manner, as it's mostly a story told from the perspective of Mason. Though, I do think as she got older the brattiness level with her dropped severely.

Halfmind
08-21-2014, 07:26 PM
I can't believe he was dead the entire time! What a twist. Bruce Willis is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk